Friday, September 3, 2010

Issue with Rez Fantazy Avatars not loading.

I think Second Life may have done something to change peoples default settings on graphics, as a few people recently mentioned this problem, but it seems to be a graphics error. What I believe people are seeing is the sculpted prims are not properly rezing.. The sculpted prims on the eyes and head look rearranged. This could be for a number of reasons, I encourage you anyone to to check that has my avatars and is experiencing this problem.

1) Make sure you use second lifes default viewer.

2) If you have unliked and relinked any prims in modification and did not relink to the root prim this can cause issue.

3) make sure that your graphics are set higher.

4) If your graphics appear high enough already, look in advanced options and drag the tab higher where it says "objects" and see if this solves your problem. If none of this helps I will try sending you a new avatar.

It seems once I ask people to check their graphics they do not get back to me on if it worked or not. But I am assuming it did work, otherwise I imagine they would continue to complain :P

If the problem persists I can look into further and offer a new avatar.

2 comments:

Nissa Nightfire said...

the newer LL viewers default to setting the rendervolumeLOD to 0 ... that causes huge wonkiness with prims ... I usually have to reset mine manually every time I lower my graphics settings (I usually set it to 4 o 5) Don't know if that helps with your issue, but I know it confused me initially as the default used to be higher :)

Administration said...

Thank you for the feedback Nissa! its more then I can say I got back from the people with the actual problems lol. But like I said, assumed it was one of the things listed above since they stopped asking me about it lol. I didn't think it could have been that my sculpt maps just magically stopped working. I have been holding off on using the new viewer as long as possible lol

Post a Comment

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More

 
Design by Free WordPress Themes | Bloggerized by Lasantha - Premium Blogger Themes | Hosted Desktop