Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Why the SL sales drastic decline? How can I improve?

Over the past couple months my SL sales have dropped drastically, it dropped by about 2\3 and it seemed to have happened around the time that second life went through some changes and updates. It has been suggested to me that the search engines have changed and that people are not being found out there as easily? I'm not sure how true this is, that is why I ask of anyone else has had a drop and sales and knows why?

I don't think its lack of people or spending, though I know the market place has sort of plateaued it hasn't actually declined.

The search engine in SL used to show shops by who had the highest traffic, who was the most popular, but now I do not see that encorperated to the new SL search engine? or am I blind and just not see it?

Over all my question is this -
1) Has anyone found a decrease in sales?
2) What is the most effective way to have my shop listings found and keep traffic coming and going with the new changes? What do you do to keep sales up?

3)Does anyone have any official knowledge as to why there is a decrease in sales?

I had a time where I didn't make many new products but I have never had such a dramatic drop because of that!? I have updated the region and thinking up events to hold and releasing more products and formulating more product ideas. I have an active blog and twitter, I do what I can, but I need more help on the search engine side I think, but I dont understand how it determines what shows at the top of the search page?

Thank you in advance for your help

4 comments:

Administration said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Administration said...

Note to self, don't post questions asking for help on SL community forum, people say mean douchey things and make me feel bad, and like a poor crappy SL designer :(

Seindria said...

There was a horrible issue with search a few months back, having to do with everything going to the Viewer 2 search, instead of how 1.23 searched for stores. It was supposed to prevent people from artificially loading keywords that had nothing to do with their store, but it just... didn't work at all. People who had stores that were normally packed full had NO ONE in their stores.

A lot of designers were being screwed over by the new search, and how it accessed things. I know myself, I couldn't find stores even if I knew the actual store NAME. I just had to hope I could find the designer name, and I'd go by their profile, hoping they had their store in their picks.

I don't know if it's been fixed or not. Supposedly it was, but I haven't seen a difference.

Administration said...

Thanks for the info Snow, I am getting allot more positive feedback on my community forum post, thankfully, no more douche bags. They gave me some great helpful tips with I have utilized and hope that it brings me back some sales and traffic. Im not sure that a parcels traffic count has anything to do with where it shows on the search list anymore.

Ive updated key words for my parcels and same with my vendors. making new products helps bring interest.

Im just astounded, and I know its more the just the usual seasonal lull, I mean Im making hundreds of dollars less then I was over just one month it dropped and has been slowly coming back over the past two months, but all to slow. It didn't make sense, my sales have only ever gone progressively up, save for a few plateaus, this is new for me, loosing sales this much.

Post a Comment

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More

 
Design by Free WordPress Themes | Bloggerized by Lasantha - Premium Blogger Themes | Hosted Desktop